Pest Perspectives - September/October 2014 - (Page 8)
2014 FPMA in Paradise
Photo Highlights and
est Management Professionals gathered for learning, laughing and family fun
at the 2014 FPMA in Paradise, the Annual Summer Conference on June 16-20
in "Golf Paradise" at the newly renovated Sawgrass Marriott. Conference
* Fun team building and competition of the Leadership Challenges-pool games,
"bug games" designed by UF's "Koehler's kids," and a special Salsa and Sangria
* Special awards ceremony recognizing members that have contributed to the
association over many years.
* The latest in services, products and technologies in an expanded and SOLD OUT
Exhibit Hall with more than 40 companies!
* Entertaining and informative CEUs, featuring University of Florida's Dr. Phil Koehler
and his team of energetic graduate students - including live lab experiments and
"field trips" to conduct and document inspections!
* A special night at the historic TPC Clubhouse - beautiful lush grounds and great
food and spirits in an exclusive setting!
Members Recognized for Contributions to FPMA and Their Profession at
FPMA in Paradise
1. This year's Harry J. Balcom Legend
Award winner was Todd Himelberger.
2. Tom Walkup, FPMA past president,
was awarded the Pioneer Award.
3. FPMA recognized the memory of the
late Jerry Williams, past present and
Florida Pest Management Foundation
founder. His wife, Barbara and
son Michael, joined us for the
8 September | October 2014W
4. Fellowship Award Presented to
www.pestperspectives.com | www.flpma.org
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Pest Perspectives - September/October 2014
Presidential Perspective - Looking Back and Moving Forward
2014 FPMA in Paradise Recap
Eco-friendly Companies Rely on Integrated Approach to Pest Management
Nuisance Wildlife Calls: Who should Come to the Rescue?
Operational Excellence - The Power of a Uniform
Capitol Concerns - The Wheels of Change are Turning
FPMA Corner - Membership News & Updates
Pest Perspectives - September/October 2014