Motor Coach Canada: Tour & Travel Canada 2016 - (Page 4)

MCC Canadian Provincial/ Territorial Carrier AAC MOTOR COACH CANADA L'ASSOCIATION DES AUTOCARISTES CANADIENS Requirements & Contact Information Jurisdiction Minimum Passenger Liability Insurance (Full size motor coach) Other Requirements and Contact Numbers Operating Authority Requirements Vehicle Registration Requirements British Columbia Charter/tour coaches operated from any provincial boundary to any point in British Columbia (BC) when engaged in an extra-provincial undertaking require an Extra-Provincial Temporary Operating (EXPRO) Permit for a single round trip (to a maximum duration of 7 consecutive days) OR for a single one way trip (to a maximum duration of 7 days) provided passengers brought into the province are dropped off in BC. Pick up of new passengers in BC is not allowed. The permit fee is $25 for each vehicle. EXPRO Permits are restricted to commercial passenger carriers that do not have a BC passenger transportation licence, and hold a valid safety certificate with a satisfactory rating, an extra-provincial or inter-state operating authority and proper commercial passenger vehicle insurance coverage all issued from their home jurisdiction. EXPRO permits can be obtained in advance by contacting the Provincial Permit Centre - Vehicle Permit Line: 1-800-559-9688 or at point of entry into BC (inspection stations) and may be subject to additional charges. Information pertaining to EXPRO Permits and permanent licensing can be obtained through the Passenger Transportation (PT) Branch (604) 527-2198, or BC residents can contact the PT Branch toll free through Enquiry BC at index.htm. For trips lasting more than seven days, or for carriers that routinely visit British Columbia, a permanent Passenger Transportation Licence is required. British Columbia does not have vehicle registration reciprocity with other jurisdictions for charter buses 11,794 kg and over (including other provinces of Canada). Carriers with buses 11,794 kg and over must be registered with IRP or obtain non-resident commercial vehicle permits (issued as a single trip or quarterly permits). Buses under 11,794 kg from another Canadian province may operate for up to 90 days intra-jurisdictionally in a year and may operate for inter-provincial operations without time limitations under the provisions of the Canadian Agreement on Vehicle Registration (CAVR). Permits can be obtained in advance by contacting the Provincial Permit Centre Vehicle Permit Line or at any point of entry in British Columbia (inspection stations). Permits for buses 11,794 kg and over are limited to inter-jurisdictional operation. For non-IRP carriers, non-resident permit fees are based on GVW (8% of annual licence fee for a single trip and 25% for a quarterly permit); for example, a permit fee of CAN $88 single trip ($265 for quarterly permit) for coaches with GVW up to 23,000 kg and an insurance premium of CAN$66 for single trip ($660 for quarterly permit) are added if carrier does not have Financial Responsibility (Insurance) information on file with ICBC. CAN$5 million Carriers of any weight must obtain Financial Responsibility number issued by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) prior to entry or obtain insurance in conjunction with a non-resident permit. Carrier's insurance company must file with ICBC who will issue a Financial Responsibility number. Application fee is CAN$30 British Columbia Passenger Transportation Branch: (604) 527-2198 or please visit our website at for information on Temporary Operating Permits (Extra-provincial Undertaking) and Passenger Transportation Licence applications. BC residents can contact the Branch toll free through Enquiry BC at index.htm Provincial Permit Centre - Vehicle Permit Line: 1-800-559-9688 (for the "Extra-provincial Temporary Operating Permit" as well as the Combined Non-Resident Commercial Vehicle Permit and Insurance Certificate" for carriers that do not have Financial Responsibility and/or IRP). For IRP/prorate and Financial Responsibility Filing inquires (604) 443-4450 or 1-800-665-4336. IFTA: (250) 387-0635 Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) general information line: 1-800-663-3051. Alberta Charter/tour coaches operated into or through Alberta require an Extra-provincial Operating Authority Permit or Certificate from Alberta Transportation. Single-Trip Permits can be obtained for CAN$55. Cost for a permanent operating authority Certificate: CAN$180 Alberta has vehicle registration reciprocity with most jurisdictions. To confirm specific jurisdictions, contact Alberta Transportation Prorate Office. For Alberta base-plated carriers, minimum $400,000 for one person injury/fatality, and minimum for two or more people is $2 million. Out-of-province carriers are subject to their home jurisdiction requirements. Alberta Transportation Carrier Services: (403) 340-5444 (for permanent Operating Authority Certificates and Single-Trip Permits) Alberta Transportation Permit Office: 1-800-662-7138 (for Single-Trip Permits after 4:30 pm) Alberta Transportation Prorate Office/IRP: (403) 297-2920 IFTA (780) 427-3044 Note: Special rules apply to lessor and lessee where an out-of-province carrier wishes to rent vehicles in Alberta to conduct intra-provincial service. Filing fee of CAN$55 applies. 4 Tour & Travel Canada

Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Motor Coach Canada: Tour & Travel Canada 2016

Canadian Provincial/Territorial Carrier Requirements and Contact Information.
Provincial Tourism Marketing Offices.
Driver Hours of Service Rules.
U.S. Passport Rules
Border Crossing Information for Visitors to Canada Arriving by Motor Coach.
Canadian Immigration and Customs Contact Numbers and General Information.
American Drivers & Tour Directors Working in Canada.
Parks Canada – Canada’s National Parks, National Historic Sites and National Marine Conservation Areas.
Manitoba Lotteries
British Columbia Lotteries.
Distances Between Major Cities.
Tour Operator Listings.
Coach Operator Listings.
Welcome to Canada.
Prince Edward Island.
Nova Scotia.
New Brunswick.
Newfoundland & Labrador.
British Columbia.
Yukon, Northwest Territories & Nunavut
Welcome to the United States.
U.S. New England.
U.S. Middle Atlantic.
U.S. Midwest.
U.S. West.
Index to Advertisers.

Motor Coach Canada: Tour & Travel Canada 2016