Streamline - Winter 2014 - (Page 42)
Do you know what your VRWA Benefits are?
* VRWA provides onsite technical assistance, meaning that we will come to your system and help with any
problems you may be encountering with water or wastewater.
* VRWA keeps you up-to-date on rules and regulations. Just what do we do? We come in the back door
before the EPA, DEQ, or VDH comes in the front door. We keep you prepared!
* VRWA offers leak detection services. Have a small or large loss of unaccountable water? Call our circuit
riders to assist you with the necessary equipment in locating those leaks.
* VRWA offers smoke testing. Call our wastewater technicians to smoke out those
* VRWA can help locate lines/values. We supply locating equipment and can either assist
or loan you the equipment.
* RWA supplies our members with a yearly membership directory. This directory is a
priceless tool as it contains member information, corporate member information, our
legislative guide and much more.
* VRWA supplies a Web site. Need immediate information? Be sure to check out
* VRWA offers a fleet program to our members.
* VRWA offers online training for those who cannot leave their systems.
* RWA offers training around the Commonwealth.
* VRWA holds an annual conference every year and now hosts an outdoor expo. Both
provide you with not only a variety of topics for your certifications, but also the latest
These are just a few benefits that we offer our members. The next time you are in need, pick
up the phone and call us before hiring outside help. We promise you will not be disappointed.
Your Letters, Please!
Whether writing a letter or
sending an email, please
take the time to submit any
messages of gratitude and
appreciation for the on-site
assistance, training and
other services we provide.
Not only do they make us
feel good, but they are used
to help VRWA obtain funding
to continue our mission in
the community. Thank you
Buena Vista, VA 24416
42 S T R E A M L I N E * W i n t e r 2 0 1 4
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Streamline - Winter 2014
From the President: Three Years Later
From the Executive Director: Rattling About the Important Things
Water and Wastewater Systems
Regret: How to Live with What You Cannot Change
OSHA Compliance for Public Works
Nutrient Contamination and Source Water
USDA Rural Development
Cleared for Takeoff!
Emergency Tank Repair Prevention and Preparation
Virginia Offenders Train for Wastewater Treatment Jobs
2014-2015 Membership Directory
Throwing My Loop: Revelators
Do You Know What Your VRWA Benefits Are?
VRWA Training Calendar
Welcome New Members
Board of Directors
Index to Advertisers/ Ad.com
Streamline - Winter 2014