Streamline - Spring 2013 - (Page 45)
Do you know what your VRWA Benefits are?
• VRWA provides onsite technical assistance, meaning that we will come to your system and help with
any problems you may be encountering with water or wastewater.
• VRWA keeps you up-to-date on rules and regulations. Just what do we do? We come in the back door
before the EPA, DEQ, or VDH comes in the front door. We keep you prepared!
• VRWA offers leak detection services. Have a small or large loss of unaccountable water? Call our circuit
riders to assist you with the necessary equipment in locating those leaks.
• VRWA offers smoke testing. Call our wastewater technicians to smoke out those
• VRWA can help locate lines/values. We supply locating equipment and can either
assist or loan you the equipment.
• VRWA supplies our members with a yearly membership directory. This directory is a
priceless tool as it contains member information, corporate member information, our
legislative guide and much more.
• VRWA supplies a Web site. Need immediate information? Be sure to check out
• VRWA offers a fleet program to our members.
• VRWA offers online training for those who cannot leave their systems.
• VRWA offers training around the Commonwealth.
• VRWA holds an annual conference every year and now hosts an outdoor expo. Both provide you with not only a variety of topics for your certifications, but also the latest in
These are just a few benefits that we offer our members. The next time you are in need, pick up
the phone and call us before hiring outside help. We promise you will not be disappointed.
MAKE YOUR PLANS NOW
to join us for our
25TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION!
Centrally located in Roanoke, Va. this event offers
great networking and educational opportunities for
our attendees and the perfect venue for vendors to
showcase their products in the largest event of its
kind here in Virginia.
April 22 – 24, 2013
Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
What You’ll See and Do!
Exhibits, Continuing Education Training Sessions,
Annual Business Meeting, Awards, Water Taste
Competition, Golf Tournament, Sporting Clay
Shoot, Casino Night, Prizes and much more!
We encourage you to send us your nominations for our Annual Awards Ceremony. There are 10 different categories to
select. You can find all the details in your conference packet – see insert.
w w w . v r27/11/12 r4:26 AM
w a . o g 45
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Streamline - Spring 2013
From the President
From the Executive Director
Water and Wastewater Certifi cation Exam Test Taking Tips
Past 25 Years of VRWA
Proactive vs. Reactive
Asset Management and Drought Management
Is the Tank Contaminating the Water?
Committed to the Future of Rural Communities
Standard Operating Procedure For Leak Detection Using the Pressure Hold Method
The Virginia RATES Program is at Your Service
Ergs, Joules and Other Stuff
VRWA 25th Annual Exposition Agenda
Do You Know What Your VRWA Benefi ts Are?
Throwing My Loop
Welcoming New Members
Board Of Directors
Index To Advertisers/Ad.com
Streamline - Spring 2013