Streamline - Spring 2015 - (Page 45)
Do you know what your VRWA Benefits are?
* VRWA provides onsite technical assistance, meaning that we will come to your system and help with any
problems you may be encountering with water or wastewater.
* VRWA keeps you up-to-date on rules and regulations. Just what do we do? We come in the back door
before the EPA, DEQ, or VDH comes in the front door. We keep you prepared!
* VRWA offers leak detection services. Have a small or large loss of unaccountable water? Call our circuit
riders to assist you with the necessary equipment in locating those leaks.
* VRWA offers smoke testing. Call our wastewater technicians to smoke out those sewer leaks.
* VRWA can help locate lines/values. We supply locating equipment and can either assist or
loan you the equipment.
* RWA supplies our members with a yearly membership directory. This directory is a priceless
tool as it contains member information, corporate member information, our legislative
guide and much more.
* VRWA supplies a Web site. Need immediate information? Be sure to check out
* VRWA offers a fleet program to our members.
* VRWA offers online training for those who cannot leave their systems.
* RWA offers training around the Commonwealth.
* VRWA holds an annual conference every year and now hosts an outdoor expo. Both provide
you with not only a variety of topics for your certifications, but also the latest in technology.
These are just a few benefits that we offer our members. The next time you are in need, pick up
the phone and call us before hiring outside help. We promise you will not be disappointed.
VRWA MAILBAG Your Letters, Please!
Whether writing a letter or sending an email, please take the
time to submit any messages
of gratitude and appreciation for
the on-site assistance, training
and other services we provide.
Not only do they make us feel
good, but they are used to help
VRWA obtain funding to continue
our mission in the community.
Thank you in advance.
2138 Sycamore Ave.
Buena Vista, VA 24416
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Streamline - Spring 2015
From the President: Power Failure
From the Executive Director: Highlights from 2014
The Sustainability Managed Utility
Communication… Say What?
Flushing Away the Ebola Threat
Hazard Communication Standards – Guidelines for OSHA Compliance
State Water Control Board Approves Controversial Permit
VRWA Said Goodbye to Past Executive Director
USDA Rural Development
The RATES Program
Adequate Rates versus Affordability
Debt Refinancing: An Alternate Source of Capital
How the Cloud is Revolutionizing the Future of Water Utility Management
Southern Corrosion Supports Victory Junction
Throwing My Loop: Call Me Anytime
Do You Know What Your VRWA Benefits Are?
Board of Directors
Index to Advertisers/ Ad.com
Streamline - Spring 2015