Streamline - Summer 2015 - (Page 55)
Do you know what your VRWA Benefits are?
* VRWA provides onsite technical assistance, meaning that we will come to your system and help with any
problems you may be encountering with water or wastewater.
* VRWA keeps you up-to-date on rules and regulations. Just what do we do? We come in the back door
before the EPA, DEQ or VDH comes in the front door. We keep you prepared!
* VRWA offers leak detection services. Have a small or large loss of unaccountable water? Call our circuit
riders to assist you with the necessary equipment in locating those leaks.
* VRWA offers smoke testing. Call our wastewater technicians to smoke out those sewer leaks.
* VRWA can help locate lines/values. We supply locating equipment and can either assist or
loan you the equipment.
* VRWA supplies our members with a yearly membership directory. This directory is a priceless
tool as it contains member information, corporate member information, our legislative
guide and much more.
* VRWA supplies a website. Need immediate information? Be sure to check out
* VRWA offers a fleet program to our members.
* VRWA offers online training for those who cannot leave their systems.
* VRWA offers training around the Commonwealth.
* VRWA holds an annual conference every year and now hosts an outdoor expo. Both provide
you with not only a variety of topics for your certifications, but also the latest in technology.
These are just a few benefits that we offer our members. The next time you are in need, pick up
the phone and call us before hiring outside help. We promise you will not be disappointed.
Delta Systems Environmental
Flow * SCADA * SL-RAT ™ * Calibrations
Specialists in equipment to monitor your environment
Siemens Flow Meters
Sales & Service
t: 757 286-7182
Water/Wastewater | Civil Engineering | Planning | Survey
Landscape Architecture | Transportation | Environmental
Dorsett Technologies SCADA
Flumes & Metering Manholes
17/02/15 6:27 PM
Kenneth M. Baybutt, PE
Jerry Peaks, PE, BCEE
Darrell C. Rickmond, PE
w w w . v r w a . o30/04/15
r g 555:28 AM
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Streamline - Summer 2015
From the President: A Disinfection Byproducts Odyssey
From the Executive Director: It’s Over
Importance of Professional Relationships in the Water and Wastewater Industry
Spring Cleaning … All Year Long
Region Meetings: the Next Big Thing
Preventing Heat-Related Illnesses
Virginia Source Water
USDA Rural Development
A Successful Model for Waterworks
Professional Licensing Update: News You Can Use
Tank Team Tackles Water Distribution
VRWA 2015 Conference Highlights
Town of Lovettsville Wins the ‘Great Water Taste Contest’
Throwing My Loop: Helpers in Our Path
VRWA Booster Club
Do You Know What Your VRWA Benefits Are?
Board of Directors
Index to Advertisers/Ad.com
Streamline - Summer 2015