Signs of the Times - May 2017 - 14
One of the latest additions to the American
Sign Museum is a sampling of 1910's and 1920's
celluloid signs from a Pittsburgh-area auction.
The American Sign Museum recently won the
bidding for this signage, which will not require
any restoration. According to founder Tod
Swormstedt, the trademarked Crystaloid and
Crystoglas pieces were manufactured by Whitehead & Hoag, formerly of Newark, NJ.
Jeff Lang (Olde Lang Signs; Pittsburgh),
picked up the signs from the auction, and
Andrew Paul (Run Rabbit Gilding; Pittsburgh),
who serendipitously happened to be visiting
Cincinnati a week after the auction, delivered
the items to the museum.
SIGNS OF THE TIMES