Women in Business - Fall 2017 - 33
continued from page 32
4. Channel your inner writer. Brainstorm and sketch out the plot
for a short story or novel you'd like to write. Then start fleshing out
characters and details.
5. Become one with your spirit. pray, meditate or simply focus on
relaxing each part of your body. Sink into your seat and aim to
release all cares.
6. Play online games. Aside from being fun, these can help you
sharpen your mind for the challenges of the day.
7. Research your roots. This highly addictive activity via Ancestry.
com could make time pass very quickly.
8. Shop online for birthday and holiday gifts. Snap them up
early, or mark selections for later so they're easy to find closer to
9. Shop for whatever makes you happy. Two words: retail therapy.
10. Check out jobs. Keep abreast of what's out there while
considering your next career move.
11. Build your LinkedIn profile. Some career advisers recommend
spending 20 minutes a day updating your account to improve
engagement and marketability.
12. Look up old friends on Facebook and LinkedIn. you may be
amazed at where they've ended up, and re-establishing an old
friendship can be a happy blast from the past.
If you're flying, you probably have few travel alternatives. planning
ahead to distract yourself from the inherent frustrations will be
time well spent.
"use it as an opportunity to take care of yourself and your mental
and emotional health," advises Alan Henry on LifeHacker.com.
"That downtime is a good time for a little inspiration, especially
at the beginning of the day, where you'll want to start off on the
FA L L 2 0 1 7 * A B WA . O R G