American Gas - November 2013 - (Page 34)
Listings may be posted on AGA's website for 90 days and in one issue of American Gas.
rates: AGA member companies: $150 for up to 50 words, $1 per additional word; nonmembers:
$250 for up to 50 words, $2 per additional word. All ads must be prepaid. Unless noted, the
code following each listing ensures confidentiality and should be referenced in correspondence.
To SubmIT A LISTInG To JobLIne, PLeASe vISIT www.AGA.orG.
(Industrial & Large Commercial Energy Services)
NG Advantage trucks CNG to large institutional
and manufacturing sites not on a gas pipeline.
Seeking retired contract engineers or engineering students who have passed their introductory
courses to work on research projects. Projects
will develop every month or so and last varying
lengths of time.
* A project to find the right nozzle for use in a
very cold environment.
* A project to determine what the best method of
odorizing CNG is under high pressure.
* A project to determine the best hoses to use in
a particular situation.
Candidate must research on his/her own in a
reasonably short period of time, analyze the findings, evaluate costs and trade offs, decide on a
solution, and present it to engineering team. Candidates are engineers or engineering students
who are linear thinkers and creative problem
solvers. This position gives them the opportunity
to recommend real solutions, to improve specific
tasks and the experience of working in a start-up.
NG Advantage is in a very new industry providing services to customers using CNG for the first
time. We create products in response to their
needs on a daily basis. This position requires flexible, logical, and motivated individuals.
Basic course work in an engineering discipline
or an experienced engineer wanting a parttime position or consulting arrangement
* Experienced in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to complete real production projects on
time and the confidence to ask questions.
* Demonstrated self-starter with drive to succeed
in a fast-paced environment.
* Creativity to develop unique solutions.
* Milton, Vermont· May require visits to customers. Once familiar with NG Advantage's
systems, employee can complete work off-site.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements. NG Advantage LLC
AmericAn GAs november 2013
reServoIr enGIneer 2 or 3
Plans, develops, and coordinates subsurface
development of underground storage projects.
Provides operational support for multiple underground storage fields.
Oversees the geologic and reservoir engineering aspects of underground storage field
* Collects, evaluates, and analyzes storage
field pressure and inventory data for inventory
verification studies, asset reliability evaluations,
and capacity expansion potential.
* Evaluates potential storage reservoirs. Provides
reservoir optimization strategies.
* Performs field simulations and computer
modeling to predict field capacity and well
* Conducts well tests and surveys to determine
well condition, functionality, and longevity.
* Determines injection and withdrawal flow
profiles for both wells and reservoirs.
* Monitors observation wells for aquifer dynamics
and storage gas losses.
* Prepares annual production forecasts, remaining reserve estimates, and ultimate production
* Interfaces with geological and engineering
consultants and regulatory agencies.
Knowledge, Skill and experience
* Undergraduate degree in Reservoir, Geological, or Petroleum Engineering.
* Thorough understanding of engineering
principles and theories and advanced technical
expertise in geological and reservoir engineering. 7-10+ years experience in storage facility
* Broad-based experience with well drilling and
completion, field production and operations,
geophysics and geology, economic evaluations, and corporate budgets.
* Experience with reservoir modeling, inventory
verification studies, and design and analysis of
flow, pressure drawdown, and pressure buildup
* Drilling and completion experience encompassing all phases from well planning through first
production/operations including experience
with horizontal wells and gravel pack completions.
* Strong technical, project management, verbal
communication, and writing skills.
* Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license,
any required certifications and/or endorsements, and satisfactory driving record.
* Current PE license in petroleum engineering or
obtain licensure within one year of hiring.
* Subject to random drug testing.
Closes: Open until filled
Location: Portland, OR with some travel
required to our facility in Fresno, CA.; Wages:
$76,000 - $93,100 - $110,200 (Grade
7) DOQ$90,450 - $110,800 - $131,150
(Grade 8) DOQ
Send completed application, cover letter, and
resume to: NW Natural Gas Storage, Attn:
Employment, 220 NW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR
A link to our application can be found on our
DIreCTor, GAS SYSTem PLAnnInG
Provides strategic leadership and direction to
a geographically dispersed team of engineers.
Ensures sufficient gas pipeline capacity for safe,
reliable daily and future operations. Oversees
pipeline system experts focused on gas system
hydraulic analysis and modeling. Contributes
toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability, and affordability.
Please send all responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holland Engineering is aggressively seeking
an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our
Southfield, Michigan, office. The ideal candidate
will have a minimum of 5 years of electrical
engineering and design experience with an
emphasis in the gas and oil industry. A professional engineering license is preferred but not
required. Demonstrated experience with products
including AutoCAD and Micro Station will be
beneficial along with proficiency in the full suite
of Microsoft Office products. The position will
involve coordinating, directing, and supporting
assigned pipeline projects from conceptualization
to completion. In addition, the ideal candidate
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of American Gas - November 2013
American Gas - November 2013
Head Start: On Energy Education
By the Numbers
Need to Know
The Wheels on the Bus...
Fueling the Future
U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
A Tight Ship
Expanding the Reach of the Gas Infrastructure
American Gas - November 2013