2017 Catalog - 11
EDITOR: MICHAEL R. COHEN
This book is unique in the field. It should be a mandatory read for all pharmacy students
and is certainly a valuable addition to any academic, industrial, or personal library.
-Thomas Jacobsen, PharmD, GlaxoSmithKline
Medication Errors is the most comprehensive, authoritative examination in print of the
causes of and means to preventing medication errors. It helps readers understand the
system-based causes of medication errors, including pharmaceutical trademarks, drug
packaging and labeling, and error-prone abbreviations and dose expressions, as well as
the patient's role in preventing medication errors.
APhA Member: $99.95
2007 * 680 pages * Hardcover
Doody's Book Review
Service Rating: ★★★★★
* Preventing medication errors in relation to specific medications, patients, and conditions.
* Reducing risk and creating a just culture of safety through medication error reporting
* Disclosing medication errors to patients.
* Conducting risk analysis and treatment and following the clinical bioethics of safe
On Being a Pharmacist
True Stories by Pharmacists
EDITORS: JOANNA M. PANGILINAN AND J. AUBREY WADDELL
This book will be useful for pharmacy schools and for undergraduate institutions where
students may be considering pharmacy as a career.
University of Massachusetts at Lowell CHOICE, September 2010; 48 (1)
APhA Member: $27.95
2010 * 235 pages * Softcover
A compilation of personal stories, essays, and vignettes written by pharmacists, On
Being a Pharmacist focuses on the humanistic side of pharmacy practice. This collection
of stories provides valuable and sometimes graphic insight into the sometimes joyous,
sometimes painful aspects of pharmacy practice. Written by real pharmacists, the stories
have different voices rendered from different ages, different types of practice, and different
places in the world.
* Only book of its kind written specifically for pharmacists.
* This generous collection offers something for everyone involved in pharmacy practice.
* This book reminds you of why you chose the profession of pharmacy.
* An inspiring source of guidance for aspiring and seasoned pharmacists alike.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP