2017 Catalog - 13
Leadership and Advocacy for Pharmacy*
EDITORS: CYNTHIA J. BOYLE, GARY R. MATZKE, AND ROBERT S. BEARDSLEY
In pharmacy, leadership is an important professional attribute and a skill that must be
developed and applied over a lifetime of practice and volunteer service. Through personal
stories, real life dilemmas, and experienced perspectives, readers will learn that applying
leadership to advocacy is about relationships, communication, and desire.
* Leadership and advocacy as seen from the perspectives of leaders and advocates
from a variety of backgrounds.
* Theories of leadership and advocacy and their application to pharmacy practice
* Learning objectives and self-assessment questions.
*Not available in print
Motivational Interviewing for Health Care Professionals
A Sensible Approach
BRUCE A. BERGER AND WILLIAM A. VILLAUME
Motivational Interviewing for Health Care Professionals: A Sensible Approach presents a
new way of teaching the theory and practice of motivational interviewing (MI) to health
care professionals (HCPs). MI has been shown to improve treatment adherence and
outcomes, promote health behavior change, improve patient satisfaction with care, and
increase retention rates in complex case management. This book describes how persuasive
language and strategies can trigger resistance in patients, and explains how this can be
overcome by building rapport and listening to the patient's concerns.
* A practical approach to the use of MI skills and tools in all practice settings.
* Multiple dialogues between HCPs and patients to illustrate the use of MI skills and tools.
APhA Member: $35.95
2013 * 240 pages * Softcover
Doody's Book Review
Service Rating ★★★★
* Case studies, including extensive dialogues with video links and analysis of the cases to
demonstrate the application of MI.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.