2017 Catalog - 17
Understanding Drug Action
An Introduction to Pharmacology
PETER J. RICE
This highly readable, concise, systematic introduction to the science of pharmacology
assumes only a modest understanding of biology, chemistry, and human physiology. Author
Peter J. Rice discusses pharmacology at a basic scientific level to build a framework for
the way that drugs works, and supplements this discussion with information on some
representative drugs that are used clinically.
* Knowledge objectives and a glossary of key terms in each chapter.
* Review questions in each chapter, with answers in the back of the book.
* Tables listing brand and generic drug names and dosage forms by drug class.
APhA Member: $35.95
2014 * 335 pages * Softcover
* More than 170 illustrations.
A Foundation for Professional Practice
ROBERT A. BUERKI AND LOUIS D. VOTTERO
Pharmacy Ethics: A Foundation for Professional Practice is an introductory text on the
professional ethics of pharmacy practice. The text is designed for use in pharmacy practice
courses in which professional ethics is only one component of the instruction. Written in a
conversational style, the text includes over 40 case studies and situations that encourage
class discussion and questions for reflection that encourage individual thought. Preceptors
in experiential rotations can use this resource to help students reflect on how ethical
issues can affect their practice of pharmacy.
* More than 40 cases and ethical situations that encourage class discussion.
* A four-step framework for assessing and resolving the ethical dilemmas presented.
APhA Member: $35.95
2013 * 210 pages * Softcover
* Questions for reflection that encourage individual thought.
* A glossary designed to broaden students' appreciation of ethical issues presented
throughout the book.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.