2017 Catalog - 18
Understanding Pharmacy Calculations
TERESA A. O'SULLIVAN AND LINDA STEVENS ALBRECHT
The book is easy-to-use and read and is of a proper size to actually perform the
calculations in the book. It is well written and easy-to-understand and is recommended for
students, technicians, and practitioners.
APhA Member: $41.95
2012 * 335 pages * Softcover
-CompoundingToday.com, March 2012
A valuable resource that guides student pharmacists through the often overwhelming
subject of pharmacy calculations, this book can be used for self-paced study and review in
preparation for the national pharmacy licensure examination. It was developed to provide
proficiency in commonly encountered clinical calculations, incorporating clinical examples
based on everyday practice.
* Structured five-lesson design permits classroom use or self-paced study and review for the
national pharmacy licensure examination
* Designed to develop proficiency in commonly encountered clinical calculations, incorporating
clinical examples based on everyday practice
* Includes practice problems and detailed answers throughout - nearly 200 in all, including a
100-question "Practice Practice Practice" section at the end of the book
Spanish for the Pharmacy Professional
JERI J. SIAS, SUSANA V. JAMES, AND CRISTINA CABELLO C. DE MARTINEZ
As the first book of its kind, Spanish for the Pharmacy Professional balances the use of
culturally appropriate Spanish (focus on Mexican Spanish) with technical Spanish that is
practical for a pharmacist to use. The text also is written to
* Explain steps to counsel on a variety of medication formulations.
* Review topics of common over-the-counter product categories.
* Include basic medical vocabulary, parts of the body, pharmacy store components (e.g.,
personnel, payment, intake forms), common side effects, and dialogues.
* Provide some basic phrases commonly used by pharmacists in physical assessment of the
APhA Member: $43.95
2009 * 214 pages * Softcover
with Online Audio Files
Students using this text will learn to communicate basic and more complex information to
their patients while learning to enjoy some of the subtleties of the Spanish language and of
* Information on patient counseling regarding specific medications.
* Sample dialogues in Spanish and English.
* Cultural notes.
* Lessons, exercises, and assessments.
* Audio files on vocabulary and dialogues.
* Instructor's guide.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.