2017 Catalog - 23
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN RESOURCES
The Pharmacy Technician Skills-Building Manual
The Pharmacy Technician Skills-Building Manual is a practical, hands-on workbook that
helps technicians understand the basics of pharmacy operations, equipment, and tasks.
The second edition has been expanded to 13 information-packed chapters that illuminate
the activities and best practices technicians engage in every day. Each chapter contains
carefully crafted lab exercises, discussion topics, and review questions. The book's color
photos and illustrations allow you to visualize important tools and concepts.
* Highly readable information describing today's pharmacy workplace and tasks.
APhA Member: $31.95
2015 * 294 pages * Softcover
* Thirteen chapters covering job duties, the pharmacy environment, medication labels, dosage
forms, prescription preparation, inventory control, computers, insurance, hospital pharmacy,
compounding, and information sources.
* Lab exercises and activities that help learners grasp key information.
* Review questions to test technicians' knowledge; answer key with responses and examples.
Complete Math Review for the Pharmacy Technician
WILLIAM A. HOPKINS JR.
Complete Math Review for the Pharmacy Technician is a self-instructional approach to lifelong
understanding of pharmacy calculations. Filled with real-world practice problems and the
author's good humor and encouragement, this book is a unique training resource for the
classroom, national Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, or pharmacy practice
setting. It covers every topic related to pharmacy calculations that a pharmacy technician
needs to know.
* More than 100 advance practice questions and more than 850 practice problems spread
throughout 13 chapters, with answer key/solutions in the back.
* The PI Challenge-more than 75 questions challenging the reader's ability to interpret
information taken directly from actual pharmaceutical product package inserts.
* Test of readers' ability to recognize medication calculation errors sometimes made by nurses,
pharmacists, and physicians.
* Over 100 post-test questions.
APhA Member: $35.95
2014 * 255 pages * Softcover
Complete Review for the Pharmacy Technician
L. MICHAEL POSEY AND KRISTIN W. WEITZEL
Complete Review for the Pharmacy Technician provides baseline knowledge for new
community and health-system pharmacy technicians, an overview of important concepts
for students entering technician education programs, and a concise and current review of
practice-based issues for experienced technicians. It also covers information needed to
understand the knowledge areas in the new Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination
(PTCE). Based on the most recent PTCE content outline, the chapters span every subject
area covered on the exam.
* Introductory chapters have been expanded to include the importance of licensure,
registration, and certification.
APhA Member: $43.95
2014 * 235 pages * Softcover
* New information has been added on important pharmacy laws and regulations.
* Revised information on health information technology, pharmacy information systems,
electronic medical records, and compounding standards.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP