2017 Catalog - 6
Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs
The NEWEST EDITION
of APhA's Flagship
An Interactive Approach to Self-Care
EDITORS: DANIEL L. KRINSKY, STEFANIE P. FERRERI, BRIAN HEMSTREET,
ANNE LAMONT HUME, GAIL D. NEWTON, CAROL J. ROLLINS, AND KAREN J. TIETZE
APhA Member: $151.95 * Nonmember: $189.95
ISBN: 978-1-58212-225-0 * 2015 * 1,041 pages * Hardcover
Doody's Book Review Service Rating ★★★★
The Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive
Approach to Self-Care contains authoritative
information on nonprescription drug
pharmacotherapy, nutritional supplements, medical
foods, nondrug and preventive measures, and
complementary therapies. The eighteenth edition
shows students and practitioners how to assess and
triage a patient's medical complaints. It provides
FDA-approved dosing information for nonprescription
medications and evidence-based research on the
efficacy and safety of over-the-counter, herbal, and
Key enhancements in this edition include a complete
rewrite of the chapter "Patient Assessment and
Consultation" to make the content more applicable
and practical to the self-care/nonprescription product
environment, including an abbreviated problemsolving model suitable for practitioners and students
in advanced classes. Chapters contain dosage and
safety information for nonprescription products
approved since the last edition, as well as labeling
revisions, safety warnings, and other developments
for existing nonprescription products.
* Updated information and references throughout.
* Thorough cross-referencing of the primary topics.
* Quick-reference tools such as treatment algorithms (including exclusions for self-treatment),
drug product tables, patient education sidebars, and product administration illustrations.
* New case studies in each disorder-related chapter.
* Concise Key Points section at the end of each disorder-related chapter, summarizing critical information.
* Color plate section with more than 30 illustrations.
* Available online through subscription to PharmacyLibrary (www.PharmacyLibrary.com), with robust classroom
resources, including monthly chapter updates, supplemental QuEST/SCHOLAR case studies, and PowerPoint
templates for each chapter.
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.