2017 Catalog - 7
NEW AND RECENT RELEASES
Peripheral Brain for the Pharmacist
EDITOR: JEANINE P. ABRONS
For years student pharmacists have jerry-built a pocket-sized collection of
figures and tables containing key clinical information they look up frequently.
Many graduates carry their tattered resource along with them right into practice. Peripheral
Brain for the Pharmacist, 2017-18 arranges approximately 50 core reference materials on
lab coat pocket-sized, durable cards. Hole-punched with a metal ring to hold the collection
together, Peripheral Brain for the Pharmacist means pharmacists and student pharmacists can
finally part with their dog-eared, handmade resource.
APhA Member: $15.95
2017 * 45 laminated cards *
Hole-punched with metal ring
* Five new reference cards corticosteroid dose equivalents, OTC medications to avoid in
pregnancy, drugs that should not be discontinued abruptly, nutrition rules of thumb, best
free online resources for pharmacists.
* Updated reference cards-including the 2017 Diabetes Treatment Guidelines and Associated
Goals for Adults with Diabetes and the 2017 CDC Immunization Schedules-containing key
clinical information frequently sought by pharmacists.
* Organized in color sections to speed lookup of similar information.
An Introduction to the Profession
L. MICHAEL POSEY AND ABIR A. KAHALEH
APhA Member: $30.95
2016 * 128 pages * Softcover
Doody's Book Review
Service Rating ★★★★★
A firm grasp of the pharmacy profession's history and scope is crucial for every student
pharmacist. Since its publication in 2003 (and previously under the title Pharmacy
Cadence), Pharmacy: An Introduction to the Profession has been a key tool for helping
pharmacists-in-training understand the breadth of the field. In this updated third edition,
authors L. Michael Posey and Abir A. Kahaleh give readers an insider's perspective on the
workings of the profession. They revisit key topics such as government regulation, career
pathways, membership organizations, communication skills, and ethics. In addition, they
address how patient care services are changing the practice of pharmacy.
* Ten informative chapters, each with learning objectives, that explore the scope of the
* Straightforward analysis of top pharmacy issues and the forces shaping the profession.
* A special chapter on communications in pharmacy by Bruce A. Berger, PhD, BSPharm, one
of pharmacy's foremost experts on interpersonal and organizational communication.
* Fascinating tables that summarize notable pharmacy and world events throughout history.
* Important resources and contact information on associations, internships, residencies, and
* Key terms defined in the text's margins and compiled in a glossary.
titles in Student
TO ORDER: CALL: 800-878-0729 * FAX: 866-411-6620 * WEB: WWW.PHARMACIST.COM/SHOP