Georgia Magazine - April 2017 - 42
BY DYLAN THOMAS
1. Forget stopping to smell the roses,
Abby stopped to smell a daffodil instead.
She is the daughter of Jamie and Heather
McGill, of Springfield, and the granddaughter of Chet and Wanda Wisham, of Pooler
2. Anita Scarborough, of Snellville (Wal-
ton EMC), chased this gulf fritillary butterfly
around her yard before finally capturing
3. This photo sent in by Ginger Caldwell,
of Bonaire (Flint Energies), reminds us of
nature's simple beauty.
4. Ray and Shirley Wells, of Ellijay (Amicalola EMC), snapped a picture of this pink
See our bonus page
of Snapshot on page
web exclusive 42A of
digital edition, online at georgia
lady's slipper. The lady's slipper is typically
found in the wild and is a member of the
5. Debbie Holcomb, of Baldwin (Habersham EMC), captured the beauty of these
pink dogwood blossoms while visiting the
Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C.
6. These purple crocus flowers are the first
to bloom in Audrey Ruccio's yard in Clarkesville (Habersham EMC) every spring. For her,
these blooms signal the end of winter and
the arrival of warm weather.
Future Snapshot photo themes:
August 2017-"Vacation memories," due by April 24
September 2017-"Awesome trucks," due by May 25
October 2017-4-H Photo Contest winners
Please see submission information for Snapshot on page 6.
More online at www.georgiamagazine.org