2017 Fall Prevention Catalog - 8
ALCOHOL, TOBACCO & OTHER DRUGS
Keep teens from
using alcohol and
A High School Alcohol-Use Prevention Curriculum
By Cheryl L. Perry, PhD; Carolyn L. Williams, PhD; and Sara Veblen-Mortenson, MSW, MPH; and Bonnie S. Dudovitz, MEd
This evidence-based program created speciﬁcally for high school students addresses teen alcohol
use and positions alcohol and other drug use in the broader societal context. Stories help educate
teens on a personal level about the impacts of alcohol and other drug use on their health and life.
Through the theme of court cases and trials, Class Action helps students explore the potential
consequences of drinking alcohol.
The eight Class Action cases are:
* Binge-Drinking on Trial
* Drinking and Hazing on Trial
* Drinking and Driving on Trial
* Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on Trial
* Drinking and Violence on Trial
* Date Rape on Trial
* Drinking and Vandalism on Trial
* School Alcohol Policies on Trial
Class Action features:
* Hypothetical civil cases that address the important issues faced by today's teens
* Realistic story lines to engage students
* The most current research, information, and statistics about teen alcohol use
Studies show that when implemented with ﬁdelity, Class Action can help delay the onset of
alcohol use, reduce use among high schoolers who have already tried alcohol, and limit the
number of alcohol-related problems experienced by underage drinkers.
TRAINING AVAILABLE AT
Class Action IMPLEMENTATION PACKAGE
3988 | $795.00 Includes teacher's manual, seven copies of each Class Action casebook (56 total),
set of eight audio CDs, and a CD-ROM of reproducible materials, including parent
materials, prep sheets, and strategy sheets.
Class Action CLASSROOM PACKAGE OF EIGHT
3989 | $595.00 Includes 48 casebooks, six of each title.