2018 Official Maine Camping Guide - 59
MAINE'S MIDCOAST & ISLANDS
* Get directions before you leave. Brochures and web
sites usually include directions, and campground
owners will be happy to tell you how to reach them.
* Be sure to carry a recent map.
Maine's "Billboard Law" is
intended to preserve the
state's scenic resources, but it
affects the directional
information available to travelers. You'll probably
need to look harder to find your way. To avoid
confusion, we suggest the following:
* Use available information centers.
* Signs can only indicate changes in direction.
Make next available turn in direction sign arrow is
* Number indicates distance from sign to
destination- after turn is complete.
* Sizes and layouts of signs are standardized;
reflectorized signs will be blue with white lettering
and standard symbols.
PHOTO COURTESY OF PAM ASHBY
MAINE CAMPING GUIDE * 2018