Quality Progress - February 2013 - (Page 16)
25 asq members
Last month, the ASQ Board of Directors named 25
ASQ fellows. The 2012 fellows are:
• Ram R. Bishu, department of mechanical and materials engineering, University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
• John H. Breckline, Key Quality Consulting, Fort
Worth and Haslet, TX.
• Terrance A. Burns, Burns and Associates Inc., Richmond, VA.
• Randy G. Canfield, Union Bank, Los Angeles.
• Michael J. Dreikorn, IPL Group LLC, Bokeelia, FL.
• Marc P. Kelemen, NanoSynopsis Consulting LLC,
• Andre Kleyner, Delphi Electronics and Safety,
• Robert E. Kukla, CI Group Inc., Edwardsburg, MI.
• Nicholas C. Leifeld, Serigraph Inc., West Bend, WI.
• Eric D. Mead, Beechcraft Corp., Wichita, KS.
• Michael G. O’Connor, Medtronic Inc., Minneapolis.
• Sung Hyun Park, Seoul National University, South
• Michael A. Parrillo, Lapp Group, Florham Park, N.J.
• Teresa Laurene Pratt, TE Connectivity, WinstonSalem, N.C., and Plexus International, Minneapolis.
• Nicole Radziwill, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
• Timothy J. Robinson, University of Wyoming, Laramie.
• Debashis Sarkar, Asia’s service lean pioneer and
author, Mumbai, India.
• Lalith Nimal Senaweera, Sri Lanka Standards Institution, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Dilip Anand Shah, E = mc3 Solutions, Medina, OH.
• Stefan H. Steiner, University of Waterloo, Ontario,
• Jerry L. VerDuft, California State University, Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA.
• Stuart Walker, Teleflex, Research Triangle Park, N.C.
• Steven Ellison Wilson, U.S. Department of Commerce Seafood Inspection Program, Silver Spring,
• Guangbin Yang, Chrysler, Auburn Hills, MI.
• Mohamed Zairi, European Centre for Best Practice
Management, Keighley, United Kingdom.
For more on the new fellows, visit www.asq.org/
the American Statistical Association and more than 1,400 organizations
in 11 countries. The worldwide Statistics2013 initiative will highlight the
contributions of the statistics field to solving global challenges. For more
information about activities and events related to the celebration, visit
OFFICERS HAVE BEEN elected for the U.S. Technical Advisory Groups
(TAG) to the International Organization for Standardization/Technical
Committee (TC) 176 on quality management and TC 207 on environmental
management for the 2013-2015 term. The officers for TAG 176 are: Alka
Jarvis, chair; and Mark Ames and Alan Daniels, vice chairs. The officers
for TAG 207 are: Susan Briggs, chair; Joe Cascio, vice chair; and Susana
THE ANSI-ASQ NATIONAL Accreditation Board/FQS has signed the AsiaPacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation mutual recognition arrangement (MRA) for inspection. This means ACLASS and FQS become signatories
of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation MRA for inspection, calibration and testing. For more information, visit www.aclasscorp.
THE COORDINATE METROLOGY Society has released the results of its
third large-scale measurement study, developed to support the organization’s certification cognitive exam development process. The study’s main
focus was to test the method of practical testing rather than the evaluation of the measurement results. To download the 83-page report, visit
http://bit.ly/UPMe0X (case sensitive).
ASQ Journal spotlight
Every month, QP will highlight an open-access article
from one of ASQ’s seven other journals.
This month, be sure to check out “Insights on the
Future of Quality Management Research,” which appeared in last month’s issue of Quality Management
Journal (QMJ). In the article, James R. Evans, the journal’s
outgoing editor, and members of QMJ’s editorial board
provide insights and ideas to help the contributors to
the quality management field identify topics to build
new knowledge and to sustain the discipline.
To access “Insights on the Future of Quality Management Research,” click
on the “Current Issue” link on QMJ’s website: http://asq.org/pub/qmj. From
there, you also can find a link to information about subscribing to the quarterly
V O L U M E
2 0 ,
I S S U E
A Review of Research in the Quality Management Journal:
Influential Resources, Key Themes, and Emerging Trends
QUALITY MANAGEMENT JOURNAL
16 QP • www.qualityprogress.com
THIS YEAR MARKS the International Year of Statistics, spearheaded by
Nicole M. Radziwill
A Retrospective View of Research in the Quality Management Journal:
A Thematic and Keyword Analysis
James R. Evans, S. Thomas Foster, Jr., and Zhen Guo
Insights on the Future of Quality Management Research
James R. Evans and the QMJ Editorial Review Board
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Quality Progress - February 2013
Mr. Pareto Head
The Right Blend
Lessons in Labeling
Know the Why
Don’t Lose Patients
3.4 per Million
Quality in the First Person
Six Sigma Resource Guide
Back to Basics
Quality Progress - February 2013