Beauty Link - Volume 4, Issue 1 - (Page 45)
ENGAGE YOUR BEAUTY COMMUNITY TO BUILD YOUR BLOG
BY HEIDI COHEN 1. Ask for guest bloggers on your blog. Create a tab on your
blogging is web-based publishing of articles on a speciﬁc topic written regularly by multiple bloggers. For beauty and wellness experts, collaborative blogging offers the advantage of sharing the workload by tapping into the power of the community including other professionals, customers, fans and the public.
blog with guest blogging guidelines and a response form to attract writers.
2. Solicit writers. Post your request on Help-a-Reporter-Out, www.helpareporter.com—it’s free! Also, ask other beauty bloggers to submit posts. Just Google them. 3. Gather colleague and customer input. Create a regular column that shows before and after shots of real customers. Don’t forget to get their permission! Spotlight brides who spend a lot of time and money to look their best for their weddings.
Create a Group Blog to Share Your Vision
Beauty professionals blog together because they work for the same ﬁ rm, are associated with a group of experts or belong to a professional organization. There are four major steps in creating a group blog:
1. Determine theme and design elements. Develop blog objec-
Write Posts for Blogs Targeting Your Audience
These unpaid posts leverage the power of other people’s blogs. They distribute your writing to an established audience to attract new readers. Spotlight your biography and improve search optimization with a link to your blog.
1. Use Help-a-Reporter-Out to get leads for guest bloggers.
tives tied to business goals. Decide what the blog is about, its name and URL, and beauty topics to be covered. Outline the blog’s branding elements.
2. Set ground rules, policies and ﬁne print. Decide who’s in
3. Choose bloggers. These people will create your blog content:
Bloggers use this to ﬁ nd blogs accepting guest posts.
2. Offer your best writing. While it sounds counter intuitive, you
only have the one post to make a positive impression.
3. Skip promotional language. Your goal is to get readers inter-
text and other media formats such as photographs, illustrations, video and audio. Consider blog post frequency and length.
4. Provide blog support. The basics include editorial calendar,
ested in your content. Your guest post shouldn’t look, smell or seem like an advertisement for your products or services.
4. Play by the host’s rules. Understand the blog belongs to someone else who has the right to set their own rules for content on their blog.
copyediting and technology. Offer blogging guidelines covering acceptable vocabulary, blog voice and writing quality. Include keyword usage by post and links per post as well as what authors can link to.
Leverage Power of Guest Bloggers
In addition to your blog team, invite guests to contribute posts to your blog. Develop criteria and guidelines for submissions such as these from The Makeup and Beauty Blog, found at www.makeupandbeautyblog.comwrite-for-makeup-and-beauty-blog.
While collaborative blogs are a great way to build your brand online and engage your prospects and fans, understand that they require work to continually publish new content. By sharing the workload, you can reach a larger audience with less time investment. Adding guest posts to your blog helps supply fresh content while writing for other blogs broadens your reach cost-effectively.
How to Solicit Other Writers?
Use other beauty bloggers as a source of content. Find a list of the top 50 beauty blogs here: www.invesp.com/blog-rank/Beauty.
Heidi Cohen is preside nt of Riverside Ma r k e t i n g S t r a t e g i e s . C o n t a c t h e r a t email@example.com for more information, and get useful marketing advice at http://heidicohen.com.
BE AUT YLIN K | CO L L ABO RAT IO N | 20 1 2 |
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Beauty Link - Volume 4, Issue 1
Message from the AACS President and CEA Chair
Workings of Washington
A Trade Show Workout
Building a Bulletproof School
The Art of Edutainment
Beyond the Fluff
And Then There's Compliance
Beauty Changes Lives
Spring Operations Conference Info
AACS Is Connecting Members
Associate Member Profiles: Collections
People & Places
New Products & Services
New School Members
Upcoming 2012 Events
Index to Advertisers
Beauty Link - Volume 4, Issue 1