Government Connections - Summer 2012 - (Page 21)
Green meeting checklist
• Print on both sides of all paper whenever possible for promotional materials and handouts. • Minimize automatic distribution of handouts – allow attendees to order copies instead. • Provide reusable name badges.
PLAN TO RECYCLE
• Provide recycling stations for paper and recyclable beverage containers in meeting areas. • Cardboard and paper should be collected in exhibit areas. • Food vending areas provide opportunities for recycling cardboard, beverage containers, steel cans and plastics. • If reusables are not used, encourage use of recyclable beverage containers.
• Consider use of reusable (washable) food service items. • Use earth-friendly plastic and paper items. • Work with hotel to reuse linens, soaps, etc., over short stays.
BUY EARTH-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS
• Use only recycled paper and vegetableand soy-based inks.
• Sell or “gift” reusable containers for beverages. • Provide reusable pocket or file folders, cloth bags. • When reusable items are not feasible, select products made from recyclable, recovered materials. USFI | Green Meetings t 972.444.8381 | f 972.402.8139 | usfi.com/greenmeetings
CONSERVE ENERGY, REDUCE TRAFFIC
• Turn off all unneeded lighting. Take advantage of naturally lit meeting and exhibit spaces. • Encourage mass transportation options with phone numbers and Web addresses for route planning. • Coordinate shuttle service to take advantage of mass transit.
Northern Arizona’s Premier Government Meeting Property
1500 Hwy 69 Prescott, AZ 86301
90 minutes North of Phoenix
We Honor Government Per Diem Rates 16,000 Sq. Ft. of Meeting and Event Space Complimentary Parking Complimentary Wi-Fi
FOOD SERVICE AND LODGING
• Plan food service needs to avoid unnecessary waste. • Seek out food service vendors who buy locally and recycle. • Donate excess food to charitable organizations.
Call Group Sales at
3/15/12 7:40:35 PM www.sgmp.org 21
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Government Connections - Summer 2012
10 Secrets to Winning the Business
Good to Know
Dieting on a Per Diem
2012 National Education Conference Summary
SGMP NEC gives back to the New Orleans Community
Is a mobile conference app your best foot forward?
Exercise on the road… are you kidding?
The Meeting Minute
Government Connections - Summer 2012