NSA Diversity Interactive Brochure - (Page 4)
DivErsiTy LifE aT nsa
From day one on the job, you will find a workforce culture that embraces individual differences and values the unique point of view you bring to bear. NSA fosters this environment through an array of policies, procedures, training and initiatives across our vast organization.
The ERG Program comprises ERGs, senior advocates and a unifying body that I chair, called the Strategic Forum. Together, we work to ensure that every NSA/CSS employee has the opportunity to leverage the full measure of his or her potential in support of our collective mission success.
John C. (Chris) Inglis NSA Deputy Director
Several thousand employees work in multiple locations, divisions and offices throughout NSA. To help navigate these various layers, you will attend a two-week New Employee Orientation. In addition to becoming familiar with NSA’s mission and your role in contributing to that mission, you will get the information you need to connect with mentors and employee resource groups within the organization.
• Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Employee
• Hispanic/Latino Employee Resource Group • Islamic Cultural Employee Resource Group • People with Disabilities Employee Resource Group • Women Employee Resource Group
To help you along your new career path, NSA believes in the importance of mentorship. You will learn how to find an NSA mentor at orientation and will have opportunities throughout the year to participate in various NSA-sponsored programs.
Recent presentations have included:
• A Holocaust Memorial Observance – Surviving the Tyranny • Can We Talk: Gay and Straight Issues in the Workplace • Examination of the U.S. Hispanic Population Growth
Employee resource Groups
Employee resource groups at NSA are designed to advocate who we are, as well as educate the NSA employee population through group-sponsored training events, presentations, demonstrations, displays, panel discussions and more. Current groups include:
• African-American Employee Resource Group • American Indians/Alaska Natives Employee Resource Group • American Veteran Employee Resource Group • Asian-Americans/Pacific Islanders Employee Resource Group
and Its Impact on Federal Hiring
• From the Ways of the Past – the Shadow Wolves • It’s Not the Disability, It’s the Ability • Practicing Inclusive Leadership for
First-line and Mid-level Managers
new Employee orientation
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.