The Villages - October 2016 - 27
By MARISA ANDERSON
How much do you really know about breast cancer? Test
your knowledge with this breast cancer quiz.
Dr. Pooja Advani, internal medicine physician at Premier
Medical Associates and breast cancer research specialist,
sheds light on the latest findings in the field. Share this test
with those you care about to ignite conversations about breast
cancer awareness. You just might learn some life-saving facts.
1. True or False: Only women are at
risk for breast cancer.
2. At what age should women start
having conversations with their
physicians about receiving yearly
3. True or False: Genetic testing can
help determine whether a patient
4. How often should women
self-check their breasts for any
A. Once a day
B. Once monthly
C. Once every three to six months
5. True or False: Most people survive
6. Which lifestyle-related factor might
increase your risk for breast cancer?
A. Consuming alcohol
B. Gaining substantial weight or being
obese after menopause
C. All of the above
7. Which statement below is a common
misconception about breast cancer?
A. Antiperspirants build up toxins in
breasts that can lead to cancer.
B. Bras obstruct lymph flow around
C. All of the above.
8. True or False: There have been many
advancements made in treatment and
screening processes for breast cancer.
9. True or False: You'll only get breast
cancer if it runs in your family.
10. True or False: Those who are
treated for breast cancer are better off
keeping it to themselves because it is a
private, personal matter.