Vintage Guitar - July 2016 - Open - 63
4) ...to the perfect size of the outer diameter
of the mauled nut.
5) I cleaned the inside of the nut with a couple
of alcohol-soaked cotton swabs. While the
alcohol dried, I waxed the inside and outside
of the pipette as well as the business end of a
Gripper wrench tapered from 3.93 to 4.28
6) I mixed a bit of J-B Weld steel epoxy
and packed a small amount in one end of
7) ...then carefully slid the tube over the
end of the adjusting nut and pressed the epoxy
out of the tube and into the nut, following
with the waxed-off Gripper wrench. Taped
into position, I let it dry for 24 hours.
8) The next day, I had a perfect hex again
that fit the Gripper wrench.