2016-17 Course Catalog - 62
In response to requests for academic recognition of registered apprenticeship training, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology (TSCT)
provides a Technical Studies-Machining Technology Associate in Applied Science Degree. This degree recognizes the goals, general
principles and procedures of registered apprenticeship training. The Technical Studies-Machining Technology AAS degree is designed to
support lifelong learning and accelerate the achievement of individual career goals. Transferability of the Technical Studies portion of the
AAS degree to four-year institutions will be based on the accepting institution's policies.
* For admission, students must possess a PA Apprenticeship Completion Certificate issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor
* Complete all prescribed apprentice related technical instruction.
* Requirements for Graduation (70 credit hours)
* 46 credits Technical Studies (awarded as advanced standing)
* 24 credits General Studies required from the following:
* English (ENG)
* Mathematics (MATH)
* Science (includes PHYS, BIO, etc.)
* Humanities (includes all SOC, ECON, HIST)
25% of the total program credits must be completed at Thaddeus Stevens College
62 * Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.