2016-17 Course Catalog - 63
The Construction Electrician certificate program provides
students with the opportunity to acquire the theory and skills
needed to gain employment as residential, commercial, and
industrial construction electricians. Skills are developed through
basic electrical theory and practical work project assignments.
This program will give students a broad theoretical and practical
background in all aspects of electrical construction.
Graduates of the construction electrician program are prepared
to find employment as residential, commercial, and industrial
construction electricians. Because of the continual growth in
building construction, there are many employment possibilities.
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
* Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in the electrical
* Demonstrate the ability to design, develop, and troubleshoot
residential, commercial, and industrial circuitry.
* Complete parts list and order forms that demonstrate
knowledge of coding and numbering systems for devices,
hardware, and electrical equipment.
* Interpret, develop, and utilize blueprints, schematic diagrams,
and wiring plans to perform electrical construction activities.
* Demonstrate the ability to apply OSHA-accepted safety
standards as appropriate.
* Demonstrate knowledge of National Electrical Codes that
apply to specific occupancies.
* Demonstrate knowledge of test equipment used in
troubleshooting and repair of circuits, distribution systems,
and electrical equipment.
MODEL SCHEDULE FOR
COEL 106 AC/DC Fundamentals
COEL 111 Residential Wiring
COEL 116 Electrical Construction Safety
MATH 126 Technical Mathematics I
ENG 106 Composition I
COEL 156 Commercial/Industrial Wiring
COEL 161 National Electrical Code
COEL 166 Blueprint Reading:Electrical
Academic Catalog * 63
If you would like to try to load the digital publication without using Flash Player detection, please click here.