2017-18 AcademicCatalog - 102
The Construction Electrician certificate program provides
students with the opportunity to acquire the theory
and skills needed to gain employment as residential,
commercial, and industrial construction electricians. Skills
are developed through basic electrical theory and practical
work project assignments. This program will give students
a broad theoretical and practical background in all aspects
of electrical construction.
Graduates of the construction electrician program are
prepared to find employment as residential, commercial,
and industrial construction electricians. Because of the
continual growth in building construction, there are many
102 * Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
* Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in the electrical
* Demonstrate the ability to design, develop, and
troubleshoot residential, commercial, and industrial
* Complete parts list and order forms that demonstrate
knowledge of coding and numbering systems for
devices, hardware, and electrical equipment.
* Interpret, develop, and utilize blueprints, schematic
diagrams, and wiring plans to perform electrical
* Demonstrate the ability to apply OSHA-accepted safety
standards as appropriate.
* Demonstrate knowledge of National Electrical Codes
that apply to specific occupancies.
* Demonstrate knowledge of test equipment used in
troubleshooting and repair of circuits, distribution
systems, and electrical equipment.