NEMA ei June 2017 - 16
FEATURE LOOKING INTO BUILDING SYSTEMS
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
* The Edge is the most sustainable building
on earth, with a BREEAM-NL rating of
* A net zero-energy building, the building
produces 102 percent of its own energy.
* No employee has filed a comfort
complaint since the building opened.
* The state-of-the-art building makes it
extremely attractive to young talent.
* Seventy-two percent of employees
enjoy having a sense of control over
their environment, enabled by a smart
Universal Lighting Technologies
PEÑA STATION NEXT
PANASONIC TECHNOLOGY & BUSINESS SOLUTIONS CENTER
* Networked lighting control uses
centralized, decentralized, and
Bluetooth® wireless technology for remote
access and system monitoring.
* Occupancy and daylight sensors save
energy by optimizing levels based on
time of day, occupancy, and natural light.
* Digital user interfaces in conference
rooms customizes light for presentations
* Color control LED technology fine tunes
light as part of a human-centric lighting
* A solar+hybrid microgrid deploys a
battery energy storage system that
eliminates the need for backup generator.
* A crowd comfort app uses QR codes to
gain real-time feedback from occupants.
* Highly efficient variable HVAC system
reduces the building's energy load.
* State-of-the art network operation center
monitors and manages a network of