Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists Bulletin Spring 2013 - (Page 40)
Edited By Dr. Earl S. Johnson
r. Karl Peach from Post Falls, Idaho, has
generously submitted these “landlocked”
HOLDING 3-3 RETAINERS
Figure 1. Gishy Goo syringe dispenser
1. Form your 3-3 retainer on a model.
2. Extrude a large pea-sized portion of Gishy Goo*
from the dual dispensing syringe.
3. Knead the putty with your fingers for 8 to 10
seconds to thoroughly mix the Gishy Goo.
4. Adapt the mixed Gishy Goo over the center of the
wire and the incisal edges of the central incisors.
5. Bond normally.
Figure 2. Form retainer wire on lab
model. This example wire is from Gold’n
6. Support the newly bonded wire and peel off the
Gishy Goo transfer index.
*Gishy Goo is available from Opal™ Orthodontics:
CEMENTING HERBST APPLIANCES
WITH TELESCOPING ARMS
1. Compress telescoping arms.
Figure 3. Gishy Goo transfer jig in
place, ready to go to the mouth
2. Place small elastics to hold the arms in a
compressed position during cementation.
3. Snip and remove elastics after cementation.
PCSO BULLETIN • SPRING
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists Bulletin Spring 2013