clinical orthodontics // message board
Help with a Case Please
A tricky case involving a bride-to-be who does not want bonding or veneers before her wedding day.
Is this case asking for too much too quickly?
Orthotown.com > Message Boards > Clinical Topic > Clinical Orthodontics > Help with a Case Please
Member Since: 11/23/09
Post: 1 of 9
This patient is a 35-year-old female with a chief complaint of lower crowding. Bolton
discrepancy with peg U2s, she doesn't want bonding or veneers on U2s, and would like to leave
them as is. She is getting married next year and would like Invisalign if possible. I'm considering
extracting LR4 and LL2.
Is the plan completely ridiculous or would anyone else attempt to treat the case that way? With
the Bolton discrepancy, I think a lower incisor extraction is pretty valid to minimize overjet. I
typically avoid extracting lower laterals because I think the contact between a central and canine
is not as ideal as a lateral and a canine but I think I can minimize the treatment time by taking
out the LL2. Any other suggestions? Thank you. ■
Related Message Boards
Treat Now or Wait for
I Can't Decide on a Tx Plan
Member Since: 06/01/10
Post: 2 of 9
I think your plan is reasonable, but I would look at extracting the LR5 instead of the 4. The
reason for that is the LR4 is out of the arch and has a ton of tooth surface for the plastic to push
against. I think closing the extraction space on the lower right would be easier by distalizing the
LR4 because of how well the plastic will be able to encompass the tooth.
If it were fi xed, then the LR4 would be a reasonable extraction. The LL2 extraction is OK
Continued on p. 24
JULY / AUGUST 2016 // orthotown.com
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Orthotown August 2016