Habitat - March/April 2016 - (Page 35)
ATLANTA APARTMENT ASSOCIATION: GOLD PATRON OF THE MONTH
Fowler, Hein, Cheatwood
& Williams, P.A.
owler, Hein, Cheatwood & Williams, P.A., serves as a corporate legal counsel for apartment
management companies in Atlanta and the Southeast. Our practice is called "Apartment Law." While
much of this work involves court appearances for apartment managers on dispossessory cases, the
firm also handles many other legal matters for residential property management companies.
Here are some of the kinds of legal issues
the firm handles:
* Filing Dispossessory Warrants for Unpaid Rent
* Representation in Court on Evictions and Other Cases
* Lease Terminations and Non-Renewals of
* Defending Resident Claims and Lawsuits
* Defending Fair Housing Claims
* Answering H.R. Questions on Employment
Law and Claims
* Reviewing and Drafting Vendor Contracts
* Drafting and Revising Residential Lease Agreements
* Providing Training and Seminars to On-Site and
* Defense of Mold Claims
* Handling Building Code Violations and Sign Citations
* Bankruptcy Relief from Stay
* Taking Care of All Your Apartment's Legal Needs
* Seminars and Training
Here are some of the "routine" cases and matters
we have handled the last few years:
* Successfully defended numerous housing
discrimination claims in Alabama, Florida,
Georgia, North Carolina and South
Carolina before federal, state and local
* Defended and counseled clients faced with tough
mold claims and the complexities or lack of
* Reviewed architectural plans for compliance
with the design and construction accessibility
requirements for new projects.
* Conducted numerous fair housing and landlord/
tenant seminars for apartment associations and
private clients throughout the Southeast.
* Edited and revised the National Apartment
Association Leases for Florida, Georgia,
South Carolina, Maryland and Nevada.
* Represented apartment clients in court in over
6,000 eviction cases per year in Atlanta and many
North Georgia counties.
* Filed over 10,000 dispossessory warrants per year
in every major Atlanta area court.
* Obtained restraining orders and evicted abusive
or violent residents who threatened on-site and
* Edited and revised the Georgia Apartment
Association Standard Lease and Rental
* Helped solve or answer difficult legal questions and
problems for virtually every national, regional and
local management company.
* Published an extensive on-line Fair Housing
training program for use throughout the
U.S. sponsored by the Atlanta and Georgia
This firm has been a major sponsor and will again sponsor both the GAA-PAC Classic Tennis Tournament and Can Can Ball. *
M A RCH/A PRIL 2016
A B I T A5:13
T | PM
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Habitat - March/April 2016
Cover Feature: What Apartment Residents Really Want
2016 AAA Trade Show Sneak Peek
Millennials: How to Attract, Retain and Manage
AAA Platinum Patron Member Profile: CSC ServiceWorks
AAA Gold Patron Member Profile: Fowler, Hein, Cheatwood & Williams, P.A.
Habitat - March/April 2016