The Executive - September/October 2015 - (Page 20)

Is It Time for an Event Sponsorsh D o you have a threetiered (platinum, gold, silver) event sponsorship offering? Have you offered the same sponsorship opportunities year after year? Is your sponsorship revenue stagnant or declining? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, your exhibit and event sponsorship offerings may need a facelift. Experts say 85 percent of a trade show's revenue comes from selling exhibit space. The other 15 percent comes from sponsorship and advertising. According to Velvet Chainsaw, 20 however, associations are shifting more effort into capitalizing on trade show sponsorships and advertising in response to vendors' desire to reach potential customers in more meaningful, creative ways. Furthermore, vendors are relying on associations to come up with those creative ways to reach attendees before making a sponsorship investment. If you're already responsible for multiple parts of planning and executing an event, your sponsorships are likely on autodrive, and a total reinvention probably seems daunting. Don't let the idea of reinventing sponsorships intimidate you. Here are five tips for growing your event sponsorship revenue. Consider starting with one or two ideas or, if you're feeling bold, incorporate all of them. This list isn't exhaustive, but it is meant to stir up some creativity among you and your team as you consider how your organization can improve your sponsorship offerings: Ca lSAE's T HE E XEC U T IV E - SE P T E M B E R/ O C TO BE R 2 0 1 5

Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of The Executive - September/October 2015

PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE: By Jim Anderson, CAE
AT A GLANCE
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thinking and Acting Beyond Orthodoxy
Advancing Association Meetings by Exploring the Learning Brain
10 Transformative Meetings Technology Trends
From Data to Decision: Facilitating a Critical Thinking Discussion
Is it Time for an Event Sponsorships Makeover?
ADVANCING Associations
DOLLARS & SENSE
DESTINATION Sacramento
NEW MEMBERS
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Kristine Van Winkle, CMP, CASE, CTE
INDEX TO ADVERTISERS

The Executive - September/October 2015

https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0618
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0518
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0418
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0318
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0218
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0118
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0617
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0517
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0417
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0317
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0217
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0117
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0616
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0516
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0416
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0316
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0216
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0116
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0615
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0515
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0415
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0315
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0215
https://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/CSES/CSES0115
https://www.nxtbookmedia.com