The MHEDA Journal - Second Quarter, 2016 - (Page 64)
Matuson's Sixteen Workplace
Predictions for 2016
BY ROBERTA MATUSON
companies will continue to blame
Millennials for employee churn
when in fact age has nothing to
do with why employee turnover
is on the rise.
2. Organizations will invest more in
the watering of the office plants
than they will on nurturing and
3. Employees will continue to turn
a deaf ear to corporate speak and
will remain disengaged until leaders stop talking profits and start
4. More workers will flee their
employers as the economy continues to prosper.
5. Magnetic leaders will have no problems attracting talent.
6. There will be more part-time jobs,
as companies do whatever it takes
to fill vacancies with the right
7. Baby Boomers will not retire in
droves, as they continue to remain
fit for duty. companies will need
to adjust their succession plans
8. Those that invest in the development of their people will significantly out perform those who
don't. What are you waiting for?
9. Employees will continue to reject
those organizations where success
is measured based on face time and
10. Starting salaries will rise, as more
companies will be pulling from
a smaller talent pool that is in
MHEDA | themhedajournal.org
11. companies will toss out college
degree requirements in favor of
hiring those with potential and a
proven track record.
12. Annual performance reviews will
be tossed in the trash as companies
move towards real-time continuous
13. Disappointed workers will continue
to flood sites like Glassdoor, to tell
their truth to those who will listen.
14. Wearables in the workplace will create havoc as organizations struggle
with the right to bear a computer on
one's body and the right for workplace privacy.
15. Employee engagement will be buried once and for all and will be
replaced by a movement called
16. companies that continue to operate
as if nothing has changed, will no
longer be around when we make our
2017 workplace predictions.
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of The MHEDA Journal - Second Quarter, 2016
From the Desk of Liz Richards
Ask Your Board
MHEDA University Calendar
MHEDA Member Profile
Teamwork and Personal Accountability
Exhibitors' Showcase Product Guide and Floor Plan
Six C-Level Cyber Blunders (And Solutions)
What to Look Forward to in 2016
How to Build a sense of Community for Your Business
Women Mean Business
What's Your Exit Strategy?
Creating Great Customer Experiences: Why, How and Why Now?
Turning Near Misses into a Winning Safety Environment
Too Much of a Good Thing
Matuson's Sixteen Workplace Predictions for 2016
Spotlight on Association News
Index of Advertisers by Product Category
The Last Word
The MHEDA Journal - Second Quarter, 2016