Paper360 - September/October 2015 - (Page 8)
...in case you missed it in TAPPI's weekly electronic newsletter
Arctic Paper is selling its Mochenwangen mill in south
Germany, which has a production capacity of 100,000 metric tpy of
Ballarpur Industries Ltd (Bilt) is said to be planning to sell
its entire stake of 98.08 percent in Sabah Forest Industries, one of
Domtar will build a first-of-its-kind commercial-scale manufacturing facility for new grades of northern bleached softwood kraft
(NBSK) pulp at its mill in Dryden, Ont.
DS Smith will acquire the corrugated activities of Grupo
Lantero, including several operations in which they currently have
a minority holding.
Graphic Packaging closed its mill in Jonquière, Que., which it
acquired from Cascades just a few months earlier.
Japan Pulp and Paper has acquired the remaining 49 percent
of Gould Paper.
Mohawk Paper has opened its envelope converting plant in South
Neenah Paper will acquire FiberMark, a specialty coating and
finishing company with annual sales of $160 million.
Norske Skog plans to build biogas facilities at its mills that utilize
biowaste from the paper production process for renewable energy.
PaperWorks Industries has completed its acquisition of
CanAmPac, Canada, which includes coated recycled board (CRB)
producer Strathcona Paper, folding carton manufacturer Boehmer
Box and LYFT Visual graphic services. The company also will close
its BaieD'Urfé, Québec, Canada, manufacturing facility by the end
of February 2016.
RockTenn and MWV shareholders overwhelmingly approved the
proposed combination of the two packaging companies into WestRock
Sappi has sold its Cape Kraft Recycled Packaging Mill to Golden
SCA will build a new incontinence plant in Brazil.
WestRock Company will acquire SP Fiber Holdings, Inc., a producer
of recycled containerboard and kraft and bag paper with mills located
in Dublin, Georgia and Newberg, Oregon.
* supplied a new tissue machine for Fábricas de Papel Potosí in San
Luis Potosí, Mexico.
* will provide five rewinders to APP for facilities in China.
AkzoNobel will sell its biomaterials technology to Ashland Inc.
It will also invest about $3.4 million to expand its R&D facilities in
* will supply Fibria all production technologies and equipment for
Fibria's Horizonte 2 pulp mill at its Três Lagoas unit in the state of
Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
Paper360º SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER 2015
* will supply a 300 tpd BCTMP fiber line for ITC Bhadrachalam,
Telangana Province, India.
* has acquired France-based Euroslot KDSS, including its subsidiaries
in China and India, which designs and manufactures filtration and
* will supply POSCO E&C for key equipment for a 50-megawatt bubbling fluidized bed boiler fired with refuse-derived fuel for the
greenfield waste-to-energy plant in Pohang, South Korea.
* has launched a new PrimeCoat Stratos thermal solution for full-face
coating and spot repairs of Yankee drying cylinders that can be
implemented at the customer's site.
* has started up its second tissue machine at Zhejiang Jingxing, China.
Barry-Wehmiller will acquire the Paper Processing Group
Bellmer Vaahto Paper Machinery will convert PM 2 of Kotkamills
into a multi-layer board machine.
Bellmer has taken over the roll and calender specialist GapCon
from Irle-Deuz Group, in Siegen, Germany.
Futura launched its new Andromeda Concept converting solution
at iT's Tissue.
* will supply a COMPACT PRESS for Metsä Fibre's new bioproduct
mill in Äänekoski, Finland.
* will rebuild the pulp mill for Spain-based Ence-Navia, a leading
producer of eucalyptus pulp in Europe.
Minerals Technologies will supply its Fulfill® E-325 high filler
technology on a paper machine at an undisclosed mill in India.
Pöyry has received the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
assignment from Finnpulp Oy for a planned pulp mill project in Kuopio,
* introduced Enlight, a new mobile app with a special Bluetoothenabled vibration sensor to allow non-expert staff to gather critical
* introduced a new Taconite Seal for bearings in split block housings.
* with its associate, Milltech, will deliver a major dry-end rebuild of the
ISMA 2000 S.L. PM 1 in La Torre de Claramunt, Barcelona- Spain.
* started up PM-5 at Visy Paper, Australia, after upgrading the press
* will supply an Advantage NTT tissue machine for Resolute Forest
Products' mill in Calhoun, Tenn.
* will acquire the MC Paper Machinery and Focus Rewinding business
of Massimiliano Corsini srl in Pescia, Italy.
* will supply a high capacity winder for Parenco B. V.'s PM2 containerboard line in Renkum, Netherlands.
* will modernize automation and remote control for Kuopion Energia's
district heating plants in Kuopio, Finland.
* will deliver a white liquor handling system to BillerudKorsnäs's pulp
mill in Skärblacka, Sweden.
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Paper360 - September/October 2015
Over the Wire
Stora Enso Ostroleka PM5 Proves Less Is More
Valmet’s Strategy Combines Process Technology, Automation and Services
Doubletree Paper Upgrades Its Water Treatment System
WEIG-Karton Achieves Results With Web Inspection at Former and Press Section
Wants vs Cans
Rotary Press Compacts Sludge to Cake
TAPPI Journal Summaries
Foreign Exchange and the Pulp and Paper Industry
Index of Advertisers
Paper360 - September/October 2015