Ear to the Ground - Spring 2013 - (Page 25)
Revised Fee Schedules
Effective: May 1, 2013
echnical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) recently completed a
review of its fees in accordance with its Fee Setting Principles. This included
extensive consultation with industry through its industry advisory councils
and fee review subcommittees. TSSA charges fees on a cost-recovery basis and is
committed to providing value for money across all its safety programs.
In keeping with our commitment to openness and transparency, this is an
advance notification that revised fee schedules will be coming into effect for the
majority of customers as of May 1, 2013. Changes to the fees are an effort to equitably reflect true cost of public safety services.
Dedicated to enhancing public safety in Ontario, TSSA’s revised fee schedules
focus primarily on:
• Enhancing and/or introducing new incentives and deterrents to increase
• Simplifying existing fee structures to reduce complexity and administrative
• Improving clarity of fees to increase predictability and understanding of value
for fees among customers.
Highlights of the revised fee structure for fuel sting fuel-related services are
• Fuels Safety Programs’ customers will experience less than 2.4% annualized
average increases over the next three years.
• The majority of fees, including hourly rates, remain unchanged.
• The separate travel surcharge will be eliminated from invoicing.
• A minimum fee structure, inclusive of travel, will be introduced.
• Reduction in Propane Level 1 Risk and Safety Management Plan (RSMP) application/renewal fees.
Specific to the Excavation Community
Two important changes:
• Pipeline strike inspection fee is increasing to $850.
• New fee: Ad-hoc inspection fee for excavation with no locates is $500.
Note: If there is pipeline damage with no locates both fees will apply.
For more information and to view the revised fee schedules,
visit TSSA’s website:
Have questions or need further clarification? Contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1-877-682-8772
S P R I N G 13
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Ear to the Ground - Spring 2013
GET THE WHOLE PICTURE
811 LOGO TO BE FEATURED AT NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACES THIS YEAR
WHERE WE ARE TODAY
10TH ANNIVERSARY SYMPOSIUM
BILL 8 IS LAW: NOW WHAT?
ECLRT AND SUE – NATURAL TRANSIT PARTNERS
HALL OF FAME/MEMBER OF THE YEAR
PAST MEMBER OF THE YEAR AWARDS AND HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
EXCAVATOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: REVISED FEE SCHEDULES – EFFECTIVE: MAY 1, 2013
INDEX OF ADVERTISERS
Ear to the Ground - Spring 2013