GRAND Magazine - January/February 2011 - (Page 12)
JAN FEB 2011
All it takes is
good information and
a fresh perspective
BY JANICE HURLEY-TRAILOR
Top 5 mental suggestions
1. Open your mind. What looked good 10 or 20 years
ago is not flattering anymore.
2. Don’t waste a moment pining for your “glory days.”
Embrace the idea of looking successful and attractive
now, not tired or past your prime.
3. Accept the fact that grooming will take
4. Know that “it all counts” in eating healthier and
exercising more. Nothing makes your clothes look
better or your body language more youthful than a
confident, healthy presence.
5. Choose friends who support
healthy living over resigned
decline. Statistics show a
direct connection between
our friends’ self-care and
our own health.
◊ Start with your hairstyle. Long
hair will not make you look
younger. A shor
the effect of a m
◊ Reevaluate body
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of GRAND Magazine - January/February 2011