Tour & Travel Canada 2009 - (Page 8)

MCC AAC MOTOR COACH CANADA L’ASSOCIATION DES AUTOCARISTES CANADIENS Canadian Provincial/ Territorial Carrier Requirements & Contact Information Vehicle Registration Requirements British Columbia does not have vehicle registration reciprocity with other jurisdictions (including other provinces of Canada). Carriers must be registered with IRP or obtain non-resident commercial vehicle permits (issued as a single trip or quarterly permits). Permits can be obtained in advance by contacting the Provincial Permit Centre Vehicle Permit Line or at any point of entry in British Columbia (inspection stations). For non-IRP carriers, nonresident permit fees are based on GVW (8% of annual licence fee for a single trip and 25% for a quarterly permit), example: single trip permit fee of CAN$93 for coaches with GVW up to 23,000 kg and an insurance premium of CAN$60 is added if carrier does not have Financial Responsibility (Insurance) information on file with ICBC. Minimum Passenger Liability Insurance (Full size motor coach) CAN$5 million Carriers must obtain Financial Responsibility number issued by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) prior to entry or obtain insurance in conjunction with a non-resident permit. Carrier’s insurance company must file with ICBC who will issue a Financial Responsibility number. Application fee is CAN$30. Other Requirements and contact numbers British Columbia Passenger Transportation Branch: (604) 453-4250 (toll free in BC and AB (888) 453-4280) or (for Temporary Operating Permits (Extra-provincial Undertaking) and Passenger Transportation License applications). Provincial Permit Centre - Vehicle Permit Line: (800) 559-9688 (for the “Extra-provincial Temporary Operating Permit” as well as the Combined Non-Resident Commercial Vehicle Permit and Insurance Certificate” for carriers that do not have Financial Responsibility and/or IRP). IRP (604) 443-4450 IFTA: (250) 387-0635 Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC): (604) 443-4450 for Financial Responsibility filing and for IRP/prorate licensing inquires. Jurisdiction British Columbia Operating Authority Requirements Charter/tour coaches operated from any provincial boundary to any point in British Columbia and/or return when engaged in an extra-provincial undertaking for a period not exceeding seven days require an Extra-Provincial Temporary Operating Permit for CAN$25. Extra-provincial Temporary Operating permits are restricted to commercial passenger carriers that do not have a BC passenger transportation licence and pick up of passengers in British Columbia is not allowed. These permits can be obtained in advance by contacting the Provincial Permit Centre - Vehicle Permit Line: (800) 559-9688, or at point of entry into BC (inspection stations) and may be subject to additional charges. Information pertaining to ExtraProvincial Temporary Operating Permits can be obtained through the Passenger Transportation Branch (604) 453-4250 (toll free in BC and AB at (888) 4534280). For trips lasting more than seven days, or for carriers that routinely visit British Columbia, a permanent Passenger Transportation Licence is required. Alberta Charter/tour coaches operated into or through Alberta require an Extra-provincial Operating Authority Permit or Certificate from Alberta Transportation. Single Trip Permits can be obtained for CAN$55. Cost for a permanent operating authority Certificate CAN$180 Alberta has vehicle registration reciprocity with most jurisdictions. To confirm specific jurisdictions, contact Alberta Transportation Prorate Office. CAN$2 million Alberta Transportation Permit Office: (403) 340-5444 (for Single Trip permits). Alberta Transportation Carrier Services: (403) 340-5444 (for permanent certificate) After 4:30 p.m., call (800) 662-7138. Alberta Transportation Prorate Office/IRP: (403) 297-2920. IFTA (780) 427-3044 Note: Special rules apply to lessor and lessee where an out of province carrier wishes to rent vehicles in Alberta to conduct intra-provincial service. Filing fee of CAN$55 applies. 8 Tour & Travel Canada

Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Tour & Travel Canada 2009

Tour & Travel Canada 2009
Message from the Chairman of the Management Board of Motor Coach Canada
Canadian Provincial/Territorial Carrier Requirements and Contact Information
Provincial Tourism Marketing Offices
Driver Hours of Service Rules
U.S. Passport Rule
Border Crossing Information for Visitors to Canada Arriving by Motor Coach
Canadian Immigration and Customs Contact Numbers and General Information
American Drivers and Tour Directors Working in Canada
Parks Canada National Parks and Historic Sites of Canada
Manitoba Lotteries
British Columbia Lotteries
Distances Between Major Cities
Tour Operator Listings
Coach Operator Listings
Feature: Going Green Why Motorcoach Travel is Good for Your Wallet—and Our Planet!
Welcome to Canada
Prince Edward Island
Nova Scotia
New Brunswick
Newfoundland & Labrador
British Columbia
Yukon, Northwest Territories & Nunavut
Welcome to the United States
U.S. New England
U.S. Middle Atlantic
U.S. South
U.S. Midwest
U.S. Southwest
U.S. West

Tour & Travel Canada 2009