Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - Cover3
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF
TRANSPORTATION - OFFICE OF
GRANTS & FISCAL SERVICES MANAGER
Job Specific Duties: Under broad supervision
in the Intermodal Division, performs work of
considerable difficulty in the administration and
management of federal, state, and local funds for
the Aviation Program, Rail Program, State Safety
Oversight Program, Transit Program, and the Waterways Program. Performs functions in the Intermodal Division as lead budget officer. Identifies
and manages the funding needs across the five
program areas. Though coordination with the five
programs, manage the Fiscal Activities of each of
the programs, including federal apportionments,
grant awards, grant balances, bond approvals,
project funding, contract execution and subsequent fund encumbrance, project and program
expenses, and fiscal year end program balances.
Budget activities involve multiple federal agencies with different requirements.
Fo r a d d i t i o n a l i n f o r m a t i o n a n d t o a p ply please click the link below: https://ga.taleo.
PLANNING MANAGER II
$90,405 - $141,248 Annually
METROLINK is seeking a Planning Manager
II who will perform a wide range of planning
duties including manage and execute activities
for regional, multi-modal transportation, capital
program development and environmental review
projects for the continued growth and viability
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering, Public Policy, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics,
Operations Research, Project / Construction
Management, or a related area, A minimum of
(7) years of progressively responsible work experience in transportation planning and project
development, A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered
when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute
for a portion of required experience.
For additional information and to apply, visit:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER/EXECUTIVE
CHATHAM AREA TRANSIT (CAT),
How would you like to live and work in a city that
Travel + Leisure regards as one of "America's Favorite Cities" that has the highest "Quality of Life
and Visitor Experience?" KL2 Connects LLC has
been retained by the Board of Directors of Chatham Area Transit (CAT) to recruit the Authority's
next Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director.
CAT is at an exciting point in its history, and this
position will play a key role in its future.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors,
the CEO/Executive Director will be a thought
leader for public transportation issues who is
responsible for implementing Board policies and
for directing its current and long-range goals. He
or she will articulate the Authority's vision; foster a
culture of internal and external collaboration; and
work creatively to tie the County together with a
common mobility purpose.
The CEO/Executive Director is directly responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all actions and duties performed by his/her
staff and is responsible for the development,
operation, maintenance and repair of all Authority facilities and equipment, including a ferry
operation. The Executive Director serves as liaison
between stakeholders and government units that
comprise Chatham Area Transit, all state offices,
and all federal offices as they relate to public
transportation, and is expected to be highly visible and an active participant in the community.
Highly desirable is experience in all phases of
public transit, organizational development, and
community engagement (or a combination of experience/education or experience/training which
provides the required knowledge, abilities, and
skills to effectively perform the responsibilities
of this position). The winning candidate must be
able to communicate effectively, build relationships, handle details, meet deadlines, and work
independently. CAT seeks candidates who are
creative, willing to work with and learn from others, and able to react productively to change. This
is an excellent opportunity that offers attractive
compensation, relocation, and equal opportunity.
CAT values diversity at all levels of its workforce -
women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please go to https://www.
KL2connects.com/openings, select the Chatham
Area Transit listing, and upload your letter of interest,
resume, salary expectations, and 4-5 professional references (preferably supervisory and including name,
title, phone, email address, and relationship to you).
For more information contact KL2's John Bartosiewicz
at John@KL2connects.com. Thank you for your interest in Chatham Area Transit!
Port Authority is seeking a Transportation Technology Specialist to provide day-to-day support
of Transportation Technology systems and services from a device and software level, focusing
on data management, data integrity, reporting,
system integrations, and customer support; including training and usage assistance.
Primary support will be for the Transportation
Technology software systems and services, with
cross-support for other related applications also
included. Works with Authority and vendor personnel to identify any technology or data-centric
related issues with the systems and services and
then follows through until conclusion. Works
with data within systems to ensure integrity;
building reports and data visualizations for effective understanding and presentation of information. Provides training support and assistance in
the design of documentation.
* Serve as technical analyst supporting systems, services, and software of Intelligent
Transportation Systems (ITS), including onboard tracking systems, electronic wayfinding signage, vehicle headsigns, Transit Signal
Priority (TSP), Scheduling software, Maintenance and Operations management.
* Support data management of ITS applications, including integrity, entry, and import/
* Serve as data-centric support for reports,
information sharing, and data visualization.
* Serve as customer support for software usage: Guide users with functional support and
assist with navigating software. Resolve help
desk tickets related to application software.
Provide system end-user instruction for report generation and system functionality and
also assist in the design of user documentation.
Job requirements include:
* Two-year technical school/Associate Degree
in Information Science, Business or technology related field from an accredited school
-or* BS Degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Business or a technology related field
from an accredited school
* Related experience may be substituted for
the education on a year-for-year basis
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Exemplary attention to detail
* Experience with complex deployments of
enterprise-level applications, especially
within the transportation industry
* Experience working with multiple interrelated applications concurrently
* Proven experience managing data, especially
in ensuring integrity
* Knowledgeable in reporting software
* Ability to quickly understand, retain and apply large amounts of new information
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Great organizational skills
* Experience in monitoring and adhering to
procedures and policies
* Excellent verbal communication skills with
the ability to present information in a clear
and concise manner
* Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills.
* Professional and effective communication
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
* Aptitude in collating data and providing
information in concise and useful manner.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and
benefits package. Interested candidates should
forward a cover letter (with salary requirements)
and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
CITY OF KNOXVILLE
DIRECTOR OF TRANSIT
The City of Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a new
Director of Transit to oversee operation, promotion and enhancement of services provided by
Knoxville Area Transit (KAT). The full job description can be found at www.knoxvilletn.gov/jobs or
This exciting career position manages a 300+
person workforce and works collaboratively in the
community to operate, promote and enhance public
transportation. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Debbie Thomas at email@example.com
no later than March 6, 2020.
CORPUS CHRISTI REGIONAL
JOB POSTING #2020-09
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Title: Director of Transportation FLSA Status: Exempt Grade: 36
Work Location: 5658 Bear Lane Department:
Report To: Managing Director of Operations
Salary: $95,997.95-$156,463.76 (Min-Max Annual
General Summary: Under general supervision
of the Managing Director of Operations, assists
to ensure safe, reliable and courteous service to
the public, and assists in coordinating the daily
operational and administrative tasks of the Transportation Department.
Essential and Marginal Job Functions: Essential
and other important responsibilities and duties
that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation may include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Coordinates and develops programs, policies and procedures for delivery of all transportation services and make recommendations for
improved service reliability and safety.
* Manages Transportation Administrator
* Assists Managing Director of Operations
with special assignments and projects.
* Coordinates Bus Operator periodic meetings.
* Manages personnel including hiring, training and development, performance appraisals,
counseling, and disciplinary actions.
* Maintain documentation on grievances and/
* Coordinates with Service Development staff
in developing services, conducting general run
selections and schedule changes.
* Develops and administers the department's
* Conducts on-board and street assessments
of Transportation activities
* Prepares reports of operating conditions or
others as required by management or regulatory
agencies in a complete and accurate form and
submits on a timely basis.
* Assists Transportation Administrators in
* Responsible for assisting in ensuring operator and public safety by checking for unsafe work
* Addresses and follows up on CAF complaints.
* Assists in coordinating effective and timely
pull-outs and pull-ins, premises security and pretripping requirements.
* Organizes, attends and/or oversees meetings arranged by the Managing Director of
Operations. Represents the Managing Director of
Operations in his/her absence.
* Provides research and investigation of transit issues related to new innovations and best
* Prepares reports assessing quality control in
the Transportation Department.
* Makes presentation on recommended procurements and other activity reports to Board of
Directors as directed.
* Assists in the development of specifications,
review of responses to formal proposals, and
requests for information and approved equals.
* Assists in special projects as directed.
* Provides an independent assessment and
inspection of service delivery on an as-needed or
random basis. Prepares reports to the Managing
Director of Operations on observations.
* Meets with department personnel to discuss
issues related to their needs and concerns.
* Maintains open and effective lines of communication with RTA peers, superiors, subordinates, and customers regarding status and progress of departmental activities, assuring timely
consultation on priority items, actions, and other
matters of mutual concern.
* Assists in the development of Quarterly ses-
sions for Operations staff.
* Manages designated staff.
* Participates in leadership development programs as identified by the RTA.
* Complies with Regional Transportation
Authority polices and procedures and local, state
and government regulations.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding all RTA
related business information and personnel issues.
* Establishes & maintains effective and professional working relationships with those contacted
in the course of work.
* Performs other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
It is the RTA's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental disabilities of qualified
individuals, according to applicable state and
federal law. To request a reasonable accommodation regarding application for employment or the
performance of the essential functions of your
job, please contact the Human Resources Department at (361) 289-2712.
* Transportation scheduling, routing, and
* Effective administrative, time management
and supervisory skills;
* Demonstrated superior verbal and written
* Demonstrated problem solving skills; and
* Correct English usage, spelling and vocabulary.
* Ability to plan, organize and prepare technical statistical reports.
* Learn bus and van routes and transit rules
* Interact courteously and effectively with a
diverse internal customer base;
* Work immediately before, during or immediately after an emergency as required as part of
the RTA's Emergency Response Team to provide
emergency services to the general public during
* Communicate effectively both verbally and
* Willingly foster a positive work environment;
* Maintain a dependable attendance record;
* Make effective presentations to the Board of
Directors and other parties
* Understand and follow oral and written
* Comply with Regional Transportation Authority policies and procedures.
* Effective oral and written communication
* Customer Service skills; and
* Bilingual skills, in Spanish, are preferred.
Experience and Training Requirements:
This position requires any equivalent combination of the following training, education and
experience that provides the individual with the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business Administration or a related field.
Master's Degree preferred.
* Experience: Minimum of six (6) years-experience in a related field, preferably in the
transportation industry, including four (4) years
* License or certificate: Must possess a valid
Texas Driver's License on the date of application as required for position. Ability to obtain
Commercial Driver's License within 60 days of
employment as required for position to operate
* Other Requirements: Must be at least 18
years of age. Any job offer and continued employment is contingent upon completing and passing
a pre-employment job agility evaluation, Department of Transportation physical, drug and alcohol
screen and background investigation with not
more than two moving violations or accidents in
the past three years, no more than one DWI/DUI
in a lifetime and no DWI/DUI in the past five years.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Works primarily in a typical, climate controlled
office environment. Average amount of overtime
and extended work hours are required. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the
employee occasionally works in outside weather
conditions. Standard physical activity includes,
but is not limited to, sitting, standing, and walking
activities. Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical conditions necessary
to carry/lift/push or pull loads up to 10lbs.
Apply at www.ccrta.org
FEBRUARY 24, 2020 |
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - Cover1
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - Cover2
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 3
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 4
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 5
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 6
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 7
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 8
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 9
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - 10
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - Cover3
Passenger Transport February 2020 Vol 78 No 4 - Cover4